According to Vision Research Reports, the global dental cements market size surpassed US$ 1 Bn in 2019 and to reach US$ 1.4 billion by 2027 with a CAGR of 5.1% from 2020 to 2027, rising incidence of chronic diseases and growing approvals to novel dental cements components are projected to drive the global dental cements market during the forecast period.
- Dental Cements are materials which have wide range of application in the orthodontics, restorative and other dental applications. The common application of dental cements are temporary restoration of teeth, cavity linings, sedation, insulation and also for cementing during fixation of prosthodontics
- Dental cements are restorative dental materials used for the placement of bridges, crowns, implants and other dental caries
- Dental cements products include a range of macronutrients such as carbohydrates, amino acids and lipid emulsions, and micronutrients such as vitamins, trace elements, and minerals
- Rise in prevalence of dental carries across the world and novel product development are some of the major factors to drive the global market.
Rise in prevalence of dental carries across the world to Drive Market
- Growing prevalence of dental carries across the world is the major driver for the growth of global dental cements market.
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO), in 2010, untreated caries in permanent teeth was prevalent in 2.4 billion people globally. Data also shows that 621 million children were affected by caries worldwide in 2010
- Moreover, emergence of new formulations and growing medical tourism for dental procedures in recent years are also fuelling the growth of global dental cements market
- Increasing awareness regarding oral hygiene and innovative methods in dental procedures for development in terms of materials used are some of the major drivers responsible for the growth of global dental cements market
Permanent Cements Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on product type, the global dental cements market has been bifurcated into temporary cements and permanent cements
- Permanent cements segment is accounted for major market share in global dental cements market in 2018
- Growth of permanent cements segment can be ascribed to long standing materials, and various features, such as high resistance, insolubility in oral fluids, & good compatibility with dental tissues
Glass Ionomer Material- Promising Segment
- Based on material, the global dental cements market has been divided into glass ionomr, zinc oxide eugenal, zinc phosphate, polycarboxylate, composite resins, and others
- Glass ionomer is further sub-segmented into traditional glass ionomer, metal modified glass ionomer, light cure glass ionomer, and hybrid or resin modified glass ionomer
- Glass ionomer dominated the global market and also growing with higher CAGR during the forecast period owing to high moisture tolerance, thin film thickness, and the ability to release fluoride, which may lead to remineralization of demineralized tooth
Hospitals End-user Segment- Major Market Share
- On the basis of end-user, the global dental cements market has been segmented into hospitals, dental clinics, dental ambulatory surgical centers, and dental academic and research institutes
- Hospitals segment dominated the global dental cements market in 2018 due to rise in hospital admissions for dental procedures and favorable reimbursement scenario
- Dental clinics segment is more promising segment during the forecast period owing to growing consultation of patient to specialty clinics, growing insurance coverage, and customized treatment facilities available at dental clinics
Europe to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global dental cements market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe accounted for major share of the global dental cements market in 2018 due to higher prevalence of dental carries, government funding for dental research & development, and developed healthcare infrastructure in the region
- For instance, as per World Health Organization (WHO) stats, around 20-90% of 6-year-old children have dental caries and around 30% of Europeans aged 65–74 years
- The dental cements market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. This can be ascribed to growing aging population, rising awareness for dental diseases, growing medical tourism, and improving healthcare infrastructure in the region.
- The global dental cements market is consolidated as few players hold majo0r market share in global market. Key players include Danaher Corporation, 3M, Dentsply Sirona, SHOFU Dental GmbH, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, SDI Limited, BISCO, Inc., DMG Chemisch-Pharmazeutische Fabrik GmbH, FGM Produtos Odontológicos, Medental International, Inc. , among others
By Product Type
- Temporary Cements
- Permanent Cements
- Glass Ionomer
- Traditional Glass Ionomer
- Metal Modified Glass Ionomer
- Light Cure Glass Ionomer
- Hybrid or Resin Modified Glass Ionomer
- Zinc Oxide Eugenal
- Zinc Phosphate
- Composite Resins
- Dental Clinics
- Dental Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dental Academic and Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
VRR’s report on the global dental cements market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global dental cements market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global dental cements market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global dental cements market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global dental cements market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dental cements market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global dental cements market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global dental cements market. Key players operating in the global dental cements market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global dental cements market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Dental Cements market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global dental cements market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global dental cements market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in changing technologies on the global dental cements market?
- Will Europe continue to be the most profitable market for dental cements providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global dental cements market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global dental cements market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global dental cements market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global dental cements market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the Dental cements market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the dental cements market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global dental cements market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Dental cements market more reliably and accurately.