According to Vision Research Reports, the global dental implants market size is projected to surpass around US$ 7.6 billion by 2027, increasing incidence of dental caries, and rowing preference for dental implants over dental procedures are projected to drive the global dental implants market during the forecast period.
The global dental implants market size surpassed US$ 4.1 Bn in 2019 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2020 to 2027.
- Dental implants are metal frames that are postoperatively placed into the jawbone as a replacement teeth/tooth. When they are in place, they allow dentists to implant replacement tooth/teeth onto them. Persons who have lost their tooth/teeth due to injury, periodontal disease and other reasons are most likely to use dental implant as an alternative treatments to the natural tooth.
- A large number of people suffer from periodontal diseases globally. This is one of the significant factors driving the growth of dental implants market. For example, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has predicted that 47.2% of the total population in U.S. above the age of 30 years are suffering from some type of periodontal disease.
- Consequently, with the increase in periodontal diseases globally the dental implants market is also estimated to grow in coming years.
Increasing Incidence of Dental Caries to Drive Market
- Despite extraordinary achievements in the global population’s oral health, dental problems continue to plague several communities all over the world. Dental caries is still a major oral health issue observed in most industrialized countries, affecting 60–90% of schoolchildren and a vast majority of adults.
- According to a 2016 WHO report, 60–80% of school children and nearly 100% of adults in the world have dental plaques and cavities, often leading to severe pain and discomfort. Besides the changing lifestyles, the growing geriatric population, and subsequently number of cases of tooth loss, dental cavities, and a variety of periodontal conditions are primary drivers of the global market. For example, in 2010, approximately 160 million people were estimated to be edentulous, which accounts for 2.3% of the global population.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it has been projected that the global elderly population, which was around 524 million in 2010, is expected to reach around 2 billion by 2050, growing rapidly in developed countries such as Italy, Germany, the U.K., the U.S., and Japan. According to the U.S. census bureau, around 40 million people in the country belonged to the elderly category in 2011. Around 89 million people are estimated to be above 65 years of age by 2050. This augments the demand for dental implants.
- Thus increasing Incidence of dental caries is likely to boost the dental implants market during the forecast period.
Endosteal Implants Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on product type, the global dental implants market has been divided into endosteal implants, subperiosteal implants, transosteal implants, and intramucosal implants.
- The endosteal implants segment dominated the global dental implants market in 2018 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- The segment’s dominance can be attributed to high acceptance of implants. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period from 2020 to 2027. According to the report by the American Academy of Periodontology, the endosteal implants are the most common & widely used implant in dentistry segment.
Titanium to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of material, the global dental implants market has been classified into titanium implants, zirconium implants.
- Titanium implants is projected to be the most attractive segment during the forecast period.
- Growth of the segment is attributed to increased usage titanium implants. Titanium is utilized in most of the implantable products available in the global market such as dental implants, spinal implants, reconstructive joint replacement products, cardiovascular implants.
Dental Clinics to be Fastest Growing Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global dental implants market has been classified into hospitals, dental clinics, academic & research institutes, and others.
- Dental Clinics is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period.
- Dental clinics have remained the most preferred choice and highly favorable setting for dental implant surgeries and treatment. The segment is likely to witness high growth due to significant demand for private clinics in most of the emerging parts of the world and preference among patients suffering from dental problems.
Europe to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global dental implants market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Europe dominated the global dental implants market in 2019, followed by North America.
- Europe accounted for major share of the global dental implants market in 2019. Europe has experienced higher demand for dental implants due to recovering economy. Patients who held off dental implant treatment procedures during the economic recession are now generating demand within the market.
- The global dental Implants market is largely consolidated, with top 5 players accounting for major market share. Key players in the global market Straumann Holding AG, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Henry Schein Inc., Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Danaher Corporation, 3M Health Care, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, AVINENT Implant System, S.L., Bicon, LLC, and Osstem Implant, CO., Ltd.
By Product Type
- Endosteal Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
- Transosteal Implants
- Intramucosal Implants
- Titanium Implants
- Zirconium Implants
- Dental Clinics
- Academic & Research Institutes.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of Report
VRR’s report on the global dental implants market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global dental implants market for the period 2016–2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global dental implants market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global dental implants market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global dental implants market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dental implants market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global dental implants market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global dental implants market. Key players operating in the global dental implants market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global dental implants market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Dental Implants Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global dental implants market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global dental implants market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global dental implants market?
- Will Europe continue to be the most profitable market for dental implants providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global dental implants market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global dental implants market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global dental implants market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global dental implants market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the dental implants market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the dental implants market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global dental implants market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global dental implants market more reliably and accurately.