According to Vision Research Reports latest market report on the filling machines market for the historical period of 2015-2020 and forecast period of 2021-2027, the increased demand for food, beverages, and consumer packaging is estimated to drive the market.
Globally, revenue generated by the filling machines market is estimated to be over 1 billion in 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 4% in terms of value throughout the forecast period. The filling machines market size is exopected to reach around US$ 1.5 bn by 2027.
Filling machines are packaging machines that measure a product and fill the same in specified packaging products, such as flexible packaging pouches, cans, bottles, etc. The packaging machine industry in the Asia Pacific region is expected to witness enormous growth opportunities in the coming years, due to the substantial increase in packaging consumption in the region. Filling machine manufacturers located in Germany, Italy, and the U.S. could focus on exporting their machinery to developing countries such as China and India. However, it has been observed that, the demand for filling machines in China is largely fulfilled by domestic manufacturers, due to their low-cost offerings and services. Moreover, some filling machine companies believe that, machine manufacturers present in developed countries such as Germany and Italy offer better and advanced technology products with superior quality as compared to Chinese products. Moreover, the sharp growth in organized retail in India and ASEAN countries has led to an increase in processed food consumption, as well as single-use beauty products, which has had a positive impact on the demand for filling machines in developing countries.
In the report, VRR proposes that, automatic filling machines are expected to outpace form-fill-seal machines in the market. Key players in the filling machine market are focusing on offering smart maintenance services along with the high optimization of packaging processes in their product lines, as such, escalating the growth of the automatic filling machines market. Considering the filling machine markets in developing countries, small packages such as sachets and pouches are more affordable than large packaging formats. Filling machines are successfully used for packaging in many industries, as they greatly reduce the packaging time as compared to separate machines for each function, such as machines/tools for package forming, filling the finished product, and finally sealing the package. All these factors are contributing to driving the growth of the filling machines market in the near future.
Filling Machine Manufacturers Capitalizing on Key Industry Trends
- Convenient packaging solutions are emerging among millennials’ favored packaging choices on account of the on-the-go food trend that aligns with the fast-paced lives of this consumer base. The demand for convenient food packaging has spawn miniaturized packaging across the globe, with small packs gaining immense popularity.
- Packaging automation is expected to redefine the future of the packaging sector. Production line automation enables packaging solution providers to leverage efficiency and ingenuity, as they can be rest assured about high production levels. Moreover, an achievable consistency is further likely to center attention towards automatic packaging machines. With the moderate pricing of filling machines, the adoption of automatic variants has emerged an essential strategy to boost productivity for packaging enterprises.
- Consumer demand for efficiency and hygiene is concentrating manufacturer’s efforts towards aseptic filling machines. Cited particularly in the food and pharmaceutical sectors, the need for aseptic packaging continues to pick pace, as consumer awareness for healthy and sterile products propagates. Compliance with food safety regulations remains a vital factor driving the popularity of the aseptic filling machines market.
- Beverage consumption has risen considerably over the recent past, with carbonated drinks and health drinks gaining significant traction, augmenting bottle filling activities across packaging lines. In addition, as contemporary grab-and-go consumers opt for easy-dispensing beverage packages, manufacturers’ focus has shifted towards developing effective bottle filling machines.
- Single-use packaging is witnessing high popularity among consumers, owing to which, portioned food packs are gaining increased traction. The demand for single-use packaging is further supported by the growing consumer inclination towards pre-packed snacks and meals, boosting the demand for filling machines.
- Product diversity across the food sector has created the demand for flexibility in terms of filling applications. This includes tooling changeover, recipe changeover, and optimum cleaning applications between two diverse filling requirements, stirring new dynamics for novel filling machines.
- The packaging machinery industry has cited the integration of new technologically-advanced systems that allow seamless, quick-paced, and accurate filling, enhancing the overall efficiency on the packaging floor. High-speed packaging requirements that are coming in the spotlight are addressed with the help of these high-speed filling machines.
- Some of the key players in the global filling machines market are Tokyo Automatic Machinery, Uflex Ltd., M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche SpA, Hayssen Flexible Systems Srl, Robert Bosch GmbH, Matrix Packaging LLC, Bossar Packaging, Turpack Makine Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd. Sti., Ossid LLC, Nichrome India Ltd., All-Fill Incorporated., GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, Sacmi Filling S.p.A., Arpac LLC, Fuji Machinery Co. Ltd., Webster Griffin Ltd., Pakona Engineers Pvt Ltd., Mespack SL, Omori Machinery Co. Ltd., and Fres-co System USA, Inc.
Filling Machines Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers in the global filling machines market are focusing on expansion through acquisitions and partnerships. In recent years, it has also been observed that, key participants in the filling machines market are increasing their popularity around the globe by participating in exhibitions.
- In 2017, I.M.A. completed the acquisition of 80% interest in Mapster Srl, and in the same year, the company launched its latest line of packaging machinery.
- Similarly, Robert Bosch GMBH is growing vertically by launching new products and horizontally by entering other segments. The company expanded its portfolio with filling machines for low-germ and aseptic filling of liquid and viscous food into pre-formed cups and bottles.
In the global filling machines market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers in the filling machines market. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the filling machines market report to provide report audiences with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of top manufacturers operating in the global filling machines market.
- Net Weight
Mode of Operation Outlook
- Personal Care
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- The Middle East and Africa