Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market value is expected to reach US$ 53 billion by 2030. Pharmaceutical intermediates are drugs used as raw materials in the production of bulk drugs. Moreover, they are widely used to refer to a material created during the synthesis of an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) before the processing of becoming an API. Pharmaceutical intermediates are usually formed using high-grade raw materials. These intermediates are widely used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. The rising demand in these industries is expanding the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Pharmaceutical intermediates are popularly used for research and development in the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical intermediates are increasingly being produced using raw materials such as coal tar or petroleum to manufacture pesticides, pharmaceuticals, resins, additives, plasticizers, etc. However, several intermediates can be produced in organic synthesis, and be used in creating various drugs and products. The increasing demand for research and development across the world is propelling the global pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
Focus on Research & Development to Propel Market
The development of innovative and effective health products for humans has increased in the past few decades. Key players are gearing up to introduce new drugs in the market. The research-based pharmaceutical industry can play a critical role in restoring growth and ensuring future competitiveness in an advancing global economy. The high investment in R&D capabilities and infrastructure by the industries and governments alike is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. The rising R&D pipeline of India-based companies presents significant in-licensing opportunities for global companies.
- This report analyzes the current and future prospects of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, focus on research & development by key players and business strategies adopted by key players are the key factors projected to fuel the growth of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which comprises a snapshot of the various segments of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. The report also provides information and data analysis of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market about segments based on product, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints affecting the global pharmaceutical intermediates market, along with opportunities in the global market
- Additionally, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market report includes company profiles and competitive matrix, which provide data about their businesses, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market
- The report includes data analysis on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market attractiveness by region and segments
- The last section of the report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share of key players operating in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. It elaborates on the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
Bulk Drug Intermediate to Dominate Market
In terms of product, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been bifurcated into bulk drug intermediate and custom intermediate. The bulk drug intermediate segment has been split into chiral intermediate and achiral intermediate.
High Demand for Pharmaceutical Intermediates in Oncology Application
Based on application, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been segregated into cardiology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases, orthopedics, neurology, gastroenterology, dermatology, inflammatory & pain management, ophthalmology, and others. Changes in lifestyle i.e., increase in consumption of tobacco and burden of cancer fuels the growth of the oncology segment.
CROs & CMOs to Account for Major Share of Global Market
In terms of end user, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been divided into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and CROs & CMOs. The fragmented structure of the CRO industry has led to an increase in strategic alliances, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other partnership deals as companies attempt to expand their service offerings and geographical presence.
In terms of region, the global pharmaceutical intermediates market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa).
The report provides market size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. Compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2030, considering 2020 as the base year. The pharmaceutical intermediates market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
The report provides profiles of leading players operating in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. These include BASF SE, Lonza Group, Evonik Industries AG, Cambrex Corporation, DSM, Aceto, Albemarle Corporation, Vertellus, Chemcon Speciality Chemicals Ltd., Chiracon GmbH, and A. R. Life Sciences Private Limited.
Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market: Segmentation
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market, by Product
- Bulk Drug Intermediate
- Chiral Intermediate
- Achiral Intermediate
- Custom Intermediate
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market, by Application
- Infectious Diseases
- Inflammatory & Pain Management
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market, by End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- CROs & CMOs
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of Report
The report on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market over the forecast period from 2021 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market for the period of 2017–2030, considering 2020 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market for the forecast period of 2021–2030.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the pharmaceutical intermediates market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the pharmaceutical intermediates market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global pharmaceutical intermediates market. Key players operating in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the pharmaceutical intermediates market profiled in this report.
- How does the development of pharmaceutical intermediates provide scope of growth in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market?
- How alliances and partnerships between players are widening the scope of new line of therapies for pharmaceutical intermediates?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the pharmaceutical intermediates market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register highest revenue until the end of the forecast period in 2030?
- How is the evolving health care system in developing countries in Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall pharmaceutical intermediates market?
Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global pharmaceutical intermediates market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for pharmaceutical intermediates.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global pharmaceutical intermediates market in terms of product, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global pharmaceutical intermediates market.