According to the report, the global Radiodermatitis market was valued at US$ 334.2 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2019 to 2027.
The global Radiodermatitis market is expected to reach US$ 506.3 million by 2027. Rise in cancer cases and lifestyle factors contributing to cancer leading to radiodermatitis and Rise in adverse events during radiation with chemotherapy to Drive Market.
The report provides revenue of the global Radiodermatitis Market for the period 2016–2027, considering 2019 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global Radiodermatitis Market during the forecast period.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Radiodermatitis Market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Radiodermatitis Market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Radiodermatitis Market. Key players operating in the global Radiodermatitis Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Radiodermatitis Market that have been profiled in this report.
- Radiodermatitis, alternatively known as radiation dermatitis, is a condition caused by radiation therapy utilized for cancer treatment.
- Cumulative daily doses of radiation to the treatment field or target site on the body inhibits the normal skin repopulation and weakens the skin integrity at and around the radiation field
- Radiodermatitis may be acute or chronic and encompasses localized erythema, skin shedding (desquamation), hair loss (epilation), fibrosis, necrosis, and other similar conditions
- Radiodermititis may be treated with the following Topical agents - Corticosteroids, hydrophilic creams, topical antibiotics, Oral Medication: Oral corticosteroids, oral analgesics, anti-inflammatory agents, and antibiotics, Dressings: Hydrogel, hydrocolloid, no sting barrier film, honey impregnated gauze, silicone coated dressing, and others (silver dressings and GM-CSF gauze, etc.)
- Asia Pacific dominated the global Radiodermatitis Market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period as this region has a significant pool of patients suffering from cancer as well as taking radiation therapy. Moreover, the basic preventive skincare practices such as washing skin with gentle soap and wearing loose clothing tend to be overlooked by the population in emerging countries. This further increases the need for radiation dermatitis care products.
- Latin America is expected to gain market share during the forecast period and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Rise in cancer cases and lifestyle factors contributing to cancer leading to radiodermatitis and Rise in adverse events during radiation with chemotherapy to Drive Market
- Not all cancers can be treated with a single type of therapy, and thus, a combination of chemotherapy and radiation is often used in situations where the intent is curative and not palliative care. Patients who receive chemotherapy as well as radiation therapy have higher chance of developing radiodermatitis.
- In addition, the rate of certain types of cancers such as breast cancer and head and neck cancer is projected to escalate. This is attributable to faulty lifestyle factors such as obesity for breast cancer, and smoking for head and neck cancers.
- Moreover, the aforementioned cancers are treated with radiation at site. Hence, patients suffering from these cancers are more likely to develop radiation-induced dermatitis. Therefore, the overall spiral in cancer cases coupled with a surge in specific cancers due to faulty lifestyle is likely to propel the radiodermatitis market.
Topical Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on product type, the global Radiodermatitis Market has been divided into topical, oral medication and dressing. The topical segment has been bifurcated into Corticosteroids, Hydrophilic Creams and others. The topical segment dominated the global Radiodermatitis Market in 2018 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Topical steroids have shown to inhibit the up-regulation of cytokines in response to radiation. A randomized control trial by Bostrom et al. (2001) tested prophylactic corticosteroid cream and emollient cream versus placebo cream during radiotherapy and for three weeks following the completion of therapy, wherein corticosteroid showed substantial decrease in radiodermatitis.
- Moreover, the consistent formulation upgrades, product launch, and rigorous efforts to reduce severity associated with radiation induced skin damage, fuelled by increasing demand for better and consistent products from end-users across the globe.
Retail Pharmacy Store segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global Radiodermatitis Market has been classified into Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy Store and Online Store.
- The Retail Pharmacy Store segment dominated the Radiodermatitis Market as the retail stores are popular in the local community population and often people have a comfort factor in visiting a retail pharmacy which they have been visiting for many years. Also, local products at cheaper prices are readily available at a retail pharmacy store.
- Overall, multichannel approach works well in this market due to the nature of onset of radiodermatitis (can occur during or after radiation therapy).
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global Radiodermatitis Market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific dominated the global Radiodermatitis Market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global Radiodermatitis Market in 2018, due to consistent innovative product launches and efforts to reduce cost among key players. The cost factor is important due to the population’s economic status with greater number having average disposable income, fuelled by increasing demand for topical agents and dressings from end-users with high unmet medical needs.
- The Radiodermatitis Market in Latin America & MEA is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. This is attributed to the epidemiological shift in the region from communicable diseases to chronic conditions. Rise in faulty lifestyle has led to an increase in cancer cases in the region. This is set to create demand for radiation therapy and subsequently radiation dermatitis care products is fueling market growth.
- The global Radiodermatitis Market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include 3M & Co., Acelity, BMG Pharma S.r.l., ConvaTec, DermaSciences Inc., Intermed Pharmaceuticals, Molnlycke Health Care, Smith & Nephew plc, Stratpharma AG among others
Key players in the global radiodermatitis market are engaged in reimbursment scenarios, research & development, technological advancements, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global radiodermatitis market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global radiodermatitis market are:
- In April 2019, CIVCO Radiotherapy, expertise in offering high quality, patient centric radioactive solutions entered into collaboration with Stratpharma AG to expand their focus on wound care in radiation therapy patients. This is likely to focus on patient centric care and improve post procedure outcomes.
- In July 2017, Stratpharma AG launched StrataXRT, the first and only topical film wound dressing product to manage radiation dermatitis. This product is innovative and flexible wound dressing product to promote rapid healing and post radiation therapy patients.
Market, by Product
- Hydrophilic Creams
- Others (topical antibiotics)
- Oral Medication
- Other (oral analgesics, antibiotics, etc.)
- No Sting Barrier Film
- Honey Impregnated Gauze
- Silicone Coated Dressing
- Others (GM-CSF gauze, silver leaf dressing, etc.)
Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy Store
- Online Store
Market, by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered in Global Radiodermatitis Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global Radiodermatitis Market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market between 2020 and 2027?
- What is the influence of growing disease prevalence on the global Radiodermatitis Market?
- What are the ongoing clinical trials/pipeline trend for the treatment of the Radiodermatitis condition?
- Which region continue to be the most profitable market for Radiodermatitis Market?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global Radiodermatitis Market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Radiodermatitis Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and Market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the Radiodermatitis Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serve as a validation from the Radiodermatitis Market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Radiodermatitis Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Radiodermatitis Market more reliably and accurately.