The global Sample Preparation market size surpassed at US$ 6.37 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2022 to 2030.
According to Vision Research Reports, the sample Preparation market size is projected to surpass around US$ 11.42 billion by 2030, increase in R&D spending in life science, rising concerns and testing related regulations regarding environmental degradation and food safety, and advancements in technology pertaining to sample preparation products are projected to drive the global Sample Preparation market during the forecast period.
- Sample preparation is one of the crucial steps in analysis of any particular biological substance or chemical. Analytical procedure usually consists of steps such as sampling, sample preservation, sample preparation, separation, detection and data analysis.
- Analytical procedure usually consists of steps such as sampling, sample preservation, sample preparation, separation, detection and data analysis. After sampling and sample preservation, the next vital step is usually the sample preparation which consumes over 70% of the analysis time
- North America dominated the global Sample Preparation market in 2021 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. The growth of the market in the region can be attributed to high adoption of superior technologies across all end-user segments. Moreover, investments in cutting edge genomics, proteomics, and epigenetics research; rising emphasis on remedies for environmental concerns, and concentration of some of the world’s major pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations and academic institutes in the region will propel the sample preparation market in this region.
Rise in R&D expenditure in various life science domains to Drive Market
- The life sciences sector comprises pharmaceutical, biotech, and health care segments. It is progressively achieving profitable revenues globally. This has been partly attributed to emerging markets and positive demographics in those markets as well as due to global leading edge research resulting in blockbuster innovations.
- Increase of income levels in emerging markets such as India and China is leading to a rise in health care spending. Moreover, changing lifestyles and increasing urbanization in these countries have led to a gradual escalation in the incidence of life style related diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. This has opened up multiple avenues for expansion in the bio-pharmaceutical sector to conduct research and allocate substantial budget for the same.
- The need to make up for revenue loss due to expired patents and counter the growing generic market has induced a number of major pharmaceutical companies to acquire or partner new research-based firms. This implies that major pharma companies are increasingly realizing the value of R&D and investing in the same to maintain a competitive edge. This focus on R&D is likely to propel the sample preparation market during the forecast period.
High cost of equipment to Hamper Market
- The sample preparation market is characterized by intense competition among major players and local players that offer devices at low cost. This could hamper market growth due to price-based competition. In addition, consumers in developing nations may prefer to purchase used equipment due to affordability factor.
- Moreover, continuous technological developments in the sample preparation market with respect to product design and efficiency are likely to induce manufacturers to provide up-to-date solutions to the customers. The customers are often hesitant to opt for cost-intensive upgrade procedures as these lead to erosion of investments.
- Therefore, high cost of equipment and reluctance of end-users to invest in new equipment frequently are expected to hamper the growth of the sample preparation market
Scope of The Report
|Market Size in 2021
||USD 6.37 billion
|Revenue Forecast by 2030
||USD 11.42 billion
|Growth rate from 2022 to 2030
||CAGR of 6.7%
||2022 to 2030
||Technique, Product, Application, End-user, Region
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer, Inc. and Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Roche, Qiagen, Restek Corporation, Waters Corporation, Tecan Group, Phenomenex Inc., Biotage , Illumina Inc., others
Solid-phase Extraction Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on technique, the global Sample Preparation market has been divided into solid phase extraction, protein precipitation, liquid-liquid extraction, and others. The solid-phase extraction segment dominated the global Sample Preparation market in 2021 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. In terms of usage, solid-phase extraction has been the most popular sample preparation technique owing to its key advantages over other techniques. The advantages include ease of automation, high analyte recovery, lack of emulsion formation, and superior reproducibility and specificity.
Instruments to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of product, the global Sample Preparation market has been classified into instruments, consumables, kits, and accessories.
- The instruments sample preparation segment dominated the Sample Preparation market. Developments in the pharmaceuticals industry have increased demand for sample analysis. Hence, the global market for sample preparation products is expanding at a much faster rate than ever. Sample preparation products for SPE have become indispensable tools in laboratories across the globe.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global Sample Preparation market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global Sample Preparation market in 2021, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for the largest share of the global sample preparation market due to high adoption of superior technologies across all end-user segments. Additionally, investments in cutting edge genomics, proteomics, and epigenetics research; rising emphasis on remedies for environmental concerns, and concentration of some of the world’s major pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations and academic institutes in the region drive the market.
- The Sample Preparation market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2022 to 2030. The biopharma-emerging market in Asia Pacific is set to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period as major economies in the region are exploring and enhancing research and development capabilities in several fields in the bioscience domain.
- The sample preparation market is dominated by Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer, Inc. and Agilent Technologies. These companies combined represented a market share of about 62% in 2021. The other leading players in the global sample preparation market include Bio-Rad Laboratories, Danaher Corporation, Roche, Qiagen, Restek Corporation, Waters Corporation, Tecan Group, Phenomenex Inc., Biotage , and Illumina Inc., among others.
- Protein preparation
- Solid-phase extraction
- Liquid-liquid Extraction
- Sample Preparation Instruments
- Sample Preparation Kits
- Medical Diagnostics
- Academic Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of Report
VRR’s report on the global Sample Preparation market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Sample Preparation market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Sample Preparation market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Sample Preparation market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Sample Preparation market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Sample Preparation market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Sample Preparation market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Sample Preparation market. Key players operating in the global Sample Preparation market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Sample Preparation market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Sample Preparation Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global Sample Preparation market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Sample Preparation market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global Sample Preparation market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for Sample Preparation providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Sample Preparation market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global Sample Preparation market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Sample Preparation market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Sample Preparation market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the Sample Preparation market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Sample Preparation market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Sample Preparation market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Sample Preparation market more reliably and accurately.