According to Vision Research Reports, the global single-use bioprocessing systems market size surpassed at US$ 3.45 Bn in 2020 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12% from 2020 to 2027.
The global single-use bioprocessing systems market size is projected to surpass US$ 9 billion by 2027, Growing acceptance of single-use technologies in manufacturing processes and technological advancements drives the single-use bioprocessing systems market.
Ability of customers to make changes and order single-use product as per their own customization also drives the single-use bioprocessing systems market. Bioreactors and single-use bags and containers are all open to customer specific requirements, depending on type of application.
- The single-use bioprocessing systems market has progressed from being in a nascent phase in the 90’s to a thriving market in recent years due to quicker adoption rates and demand from large as well as smaller niche biopharmaceutical companies. CRO’s and CMO’s which have smaller facility design and operate under stringent deadlines for their customers, are also expected to show significant demand for single-use systems during the forecast period.
- This demand for single-use bioprocessing systems, particularly bioprocessing bags, single-use filters, and bioreactors has been driven by increase in incidence of hospital acquired infection and high number of adult population.
- Growth of the global single-use bioprocessing systems market can be attributed to technological advancements & innovation in product offerings and increasing demand for biopharmaceuticals and outsourcing of products
- Europe dominated the global single-use bioprocessing systems market in 2019, and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Highly structured health care industry, early new product adoption, and presence of major players are expected to drive the market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for single-use bioprocessing system, expanding at a high CAGR during the forecast period
Increase in Preference from Biopharmaceutical Organizations and Technological Advancements to Drive Market
- Single-use bioprocessing systems permit biopharmaceutical organizations to conduct speedy R&D and pilot studies, with the added benefit of lowered capital costs. The prominence of single-use technologies has been higher in the R&D cycle of drug development; however, it is gradually moving from a dormant to nascent growth stage in cGMP production of biologics. Such factors are responsible for driving the market.
- Advancements in techniques in disposable equipment, products, and consumables have led to increase in sales in the biopharmaceutical industry. New innovative techniques help increase productivity, efficiency, and safety for the users as well as manufacturers.
Bags Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on product, the global single-use bioprocessing systems market has been divided into bioreactors & fermenters, mixers, bags, bioprocess containers, filtration devices, tubing, sampling systems, connectors & clamps, and probes & sensors. The bags segment dominated the global single-use bioprocessing systems market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Single-use bags are the most widely used consumables in single-use bioprocessing, owing to their applicability for use in several upstream and downstream bioprocesses such as fermentation, mixing, and sampling. Furthermore, bags are used for storage and transport in addition to bioprocessing functions. Thus, bags are clearly omnipresent throughout the process chain and their disposable nature makes them a vital repeat purchase, resulting in them being a top selling product in this market.
Monoclonal Antibody Production Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of application, the global single-use bioprocessing systems market has been classified into monoclonal antibody production, vaccine production, plant cell cultivation, patient specific cell therapies, and others
- Monoclonal antibody production is driven by recent rise in number of monoclonal antibodies in clinical trial stages. The segment is also fueled by recent U.S. FDA and EU approvals for monoclonal antibodies. Both Europe and the U.S. approved approximately 10 antibody therapeutics in 2019, which has resulted in the prominent market share of the segment.
- Vaccine production is projected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period. Elimination of concerns about cross-contamination and quicker production set-up for vaccine manufacture, especially in case of outbreaks, are the major drivers of the segment.
Pharmaceutical Companies Segment Accounted for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global single-use bioprocessing systems market has been categorized into pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, CROs & CMOs, and academic & research institutes
- The pharmaceutical companies segment dominated the global single-use bioprocessing systems market in terms of revenue in 2019. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Pharmaceutical companies are embracing single-use technologies, especially for their newly opened biologics facilities. These organizations manufacture multitude products, and thus the adoption of single-use technologies for a few of them helps manage time and cost to introduce the medicines to the market.
- Biotechnology companies is projected to be a lucrative segment of the global single-use bioprocessing systems market during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2028. Increase in use of single-use bioprocessing systems in biotechnology companies is expected to drive the segment.
Europe to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global single-use bioprocessing systems market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Europe dominated the global single-use bioprocessing systems market in 2019, followed by North America.
- Europe accounted for major share of the global single-use bioprocessing systems market in 2019, owing to CRO’s & CMO’s, niche biotechnology, and multiproduct biopharmaceutical organizations in this region that have been early adopters of single-use technologies compared to their counterparts in the emerging markets
- The single-use bioprocessing systems market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2028. This can be attributed to increase in demand for cost-effective single-use bioprocessing systems and increase in use of single-use bioprocessing systems in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry in the region. Other prominent countries in single-use bioprocessing systems market in Asia Pacific include South Korea, India, Taiwan, and countries in Southeast Asia.
- The global single-use bioprocessing systems market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, Meissner Filtration Products, Inc., Parker Hannifin Corporation, PBS Biotech, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare (General Electric Company), Merck KGaA, Saint-Gobain, and Sartorius AG.
- The global single-use bioprocessing systems market has been segmented as follows:
Global Single-use Bioprocessing System Market, by Product
- Bioreactors & Fermenters
- Bioprocess Containers
- Filtration Devices
- Sampling Systems
- Connectors & Clamps
- Probes & Sensors
Global Single-use Bioprocessing System Market, by Application
- Monoclonal Antibody Production
- Vaccine Production
- Plant Cell Cultivation
- Patient Specific Cell Therapies
- Others (production of enzymes, growth factors, etc.)
Global Single-use Bioprocessing System Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- CROs & CMOs
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Single-use Bioprocessing System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of the Report
VRR’s report on the global single-use bioprocessing system market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The report provides revenue of the global single-use bioprocessing system market for the period 2018–2028, considering 2020 as the base year and 2028 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global single-use bioprocessing system market from 2020 to 2028.
The report is prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved reaching out to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the single-use bioprocessing system market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the single-use bioprocessing system market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report throws light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global single-use bioprocessing system market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global single-use bioprocessing system market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global single-use bioprocessing system market. Key players operating in the global single-use bioprocessing system market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global single-use bioprocessing system market that are profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Single-use Bioprocessing System Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by single-use bioprocessing system across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the single-use bioprocessing system market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2028? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global single-use bioprocessing system market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global single-use bioprocessing system market in terms of product, application, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2028 has also provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the single-use bioprocessing system market.