According to the Vision Research Reports, the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market size is projected to surpass US$ 3.8 billion by 2027 with a CAGR of 3.8% from forecast period 2020 to 2027.
The rapid growth in aging population leads to diseases such as eye disease, cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders etc., which has increased the number of surgeries globally.
- Surgical drains are implants that allow removal of fluid and/or gas from a wound or body cavity. This broad definition includes nasogastric tubes, urinary catheters, vascular access ports, and ventriculoperitoneal shunts. The main indications for drain use include the need to eliminate dead space, remove existing fluid or gas, and prevent accumulation of fluid or gas. Dead space develops between tissues after disruption of subcutaneous connective tissues.
- The Surgical Drainage Devices are segmented into by product type, by application and by end user.
- North America dominated the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market in 2019 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Highly structured health care industry, increased usage in cases of emergency are expected to drive the market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. China has the largest population in Asia Pacific followed by India. Growing economy, increase in geriatric population, rise in awareness among people, favorable insurance coverage, and surge in number of surgeries are likely to propel the surgical drainage devices market in the country.
Disease surveillance to Drive Market
- Surveillance data provide opportunities for comparisons of different preventative interventions and trends over time, and allow bench marking of performance between similar units and healthcare facilities. Surveillance data are used by stake holders to inform the development and roll-out of disease control initiatives within the organization.
Active Drainage Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on product type, the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market has been divided into active drainage and passive drainage. The Active Drainage segment dominated the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market in 2019 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Increase in use of Active Drainage to accelerate the growth of the segment. Factors such as lower risk of retrograde infection and accurate measurement of drainage and skin protection from irritating discharge are driving the active drainage segment globally.
Orthopedics application to be highly lucrative segment
- In terms of application, the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market has been classified into General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Obsterics/Gynecology, Orthopedics, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiovascular.
- The Orthopedics segment dominated the Surgical Drainage Devices Market. Growing prevalence of musculoskeletal diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematous, osteoporosis, etc. and increasing number of orthopedic procedures, such as hip replacement, knee replacement, etc. are expected to drive the orthopedic surgical drainage devices market globally.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market in 2019, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for major share of the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market in 2019. Rising number of orthopedic surgeries, such as hip replacement, knee replacement, etc. and high per capita healthcare expenditure are projected to accelerate the surgical drainage devices market in the region.
- The Surgical Drainage Devices Market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2027. This can be attributed to rapid economic growth in developing economies such as India, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, South Korea, and the Philippines.
- The Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Cook Medical, Medtronic, Teleflex Incorporated, Stryker, Johnson and Johnson, Cardinal Health, Cardinal Health, REDAX, Smith & Nephew plc, Acelity L.P. Inc, Integra LifeSciences and Medela AG among others.
The Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market has been segmented as follows:
- Active Drainage
- Passive Drainage
- General Surgery
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular
By End User
- Independent Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of Report
VRR’s report on the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market. Key players operating in the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for Surgical Drainage Devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the Global Surgical Drainage Devices Market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the Surgical Drainage Devices Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Surgical Drainage Devices Market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Surgical Drainage Devices Market more reliably and accurately.