The syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market size was valued at US$ 320 Mn in 2019 and to reach valuation over US$ 350 million by 2028 with a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast period 2021 to 2028.
- Syphilis is a major type of bacterial infection that affects both, men and women. It is also observed in HIV-infected patients. Diagnosis of syphilis must always rely on a high level of clinical suspicion and routine screening for populations at increased risk. Recently, the availability of rapid, automated treponemal tests has led to a reversal of the typical screening algorithm for syphilis.
- Syphilis can be diagnosed by testing samples of blood. Blood tests can confirm the presence of antibodies that the body produces to fight the infection. The antibodies to fight the syphilis-causing bacteria remain in the body for years, and hence, the test can be used to determine a current or past infection.
- Expansion of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market can be attributed to rise in the prevalence of the global syphilis infection caused due to unprotected sex between men and men and women and men.
- North America is a highly lucrative market for syphilis immunoassay diagnostics, due to the mandatory screening of syphilis among pregnant women, and rise in the number of blood donors who are also require to undergo a mandatory test for the screening of infectious diseases.
Rise in Spending on Curable STDs to Drive Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
- According to CDC, every year, around 6 million people acquire a syphilis infection, and among them, 1 million are pregnant women. Governments and healthcare organizations are developing various strategies to eliminate syphilis, especially congenital syphilis.
- The government of the U.S. and those of countries in Europe emphasize on comprehensive syphilis screening and treatment among pregnant women, as well as for the population who might be at risk. In 2017, government and nonprofit organization officials from different countries in Europe organized a series of maternal syphilis workshops related to maternal and child health programs in 25 countries in Africa. This is likely to drive the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in Africa.
Kits & Reagents - Lucrative Products in Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
- The kits & reagents segment dominated the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in 2018. Expansion of the segment can be attributed to high usage of assays, as these are critical components in testing. Moreover, abundant availability through different distribution channels, such as online, and low development cost, are other factors that make the segment more attractive.
ELISA Technology Prominent in Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
- ELISA dominated the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in 2018, as a large number of users undergo out this test. However, the ELISA segment is expected to lose market share during the forecast period, due to rise in the preference for CLIA technology, owing to its higher efficacy to detect bacteria in blood serum.
Blood banks End User to be Lucrative in Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
- Blood banks is projected to be a highly lucrative segment from 2019 to 2027. It is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the segment can be primarily attributed to the mandatory screening of blood donors in blood banks.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in 2018.
- Large patient pool that suffers from syphilis infections, extensive usage of immunoassay technique in laboratories and hospitals, and availability of analyzers from Asia-based players are key factors driving the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in the region.
- North America is a lucrative market for syphilis immunoassay diagnostics, due to the high demand among blood banks for mandatory screening of blood in the region, and rise in the prevalence rate of syphilis due to unprotected sex among the young generation.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Competitive Landscape
- Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Siemens Healthineers AG are a few leading players operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danaher (Beckman Coulter, Inc.), Becton, Dickinson and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Siemens Healthineers AG, DiaSorin S.p.A., Abbott Laboratories, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (a part of Carlyle Group), Shenzhen New Industries Biomedical Engineering Co., Ltd., bioMérieux SA, and Fujirebio (Miraca Group).
- New product approvals for specific indications, widespread distribution channels, and higher R&D investments are key strategies adopted by major players operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Segmentation
- Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market by Product
- Kits & Reagents
- Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market by Technology
- Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market by End User
- Blood Banks
- Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of the Report
VRR’S report on the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market for the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market for the period of 2017 - 2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2028 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of the players in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the sales/revenue expected to be generated by each product type across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which syphilis immunoassay diagnostics and technology segments are expected to generate the highest revenue, globally, in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market share or position of different companies operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in 2018?
Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, technological advancement in different analyzers, syphilis disease prevalence & incident rate, number of syphilis tests done in the year 2020, cost of the test as per technology, and key mergers & acquisitions in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.