According to Vision Research Reports, the global Tuberculosis Testing Market size surpassed at US$ 2.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2020 to 2027.
The global Tuberculosis Testing Market size is projected to surpass around US$ 3.4 billion by 2027. Increase in the case detection rate worldwide, Rise in the prevalence of drug-resistant tuberculosis infection, Improvement in bacteriological confirmation, Rise in awareness enabling proper management of the disease, Rising demand for improved and technologically advanced tuberculosis testing procedures and Tuberculosis awareness and control programs are projected to drive the global tuberculosis testing Market during the forecast period.
- Tuberculosis is a disease caused by germs which spread from person to person through the air. Tuberculosis usually affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body, such as the brain, the kidneys, or the spine.
- When someone who is sick with Tuberculosis coughs, speaks, laughs, sings, or sneezes, people nearby may breathe Tuberculosis bacteria into their lungs. Tuberculosis bacteria can live in the body without making a person sick. This is called latent Tuberculosis infection. People with latent Tuberculosis infection do not feel sick, do not have Tuberculosis symptoms, and cannot spread Tuberculosis bacteria to others.
- North America dominated the global Tuberculosis Testing Market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Highly structured health care industry, and introduction of the Affordable Care Act in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in North America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for tuberculosis and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Rising demand for improved and technologically advanced tuberculosis testing procedures to Drive Market
- New, improved, and technologically advanced TB testing techniques such as IGRA, rapid TB tests, and serological tests have made the diagnosis more accurate, reliable, quick, and easy
- Improvements in culture-based tests by using liquid culture mediums as well as drug susceptibility and drug sensitivity testing over culture media have led to increase in the demand for different new TB tests across the world
- Use of fluorescence microscopy instead of simple sputum smear microscopy has increased the sensitivity of TB tests, thereby driving the global TB testing market. Introduction of cartridge-based nucleic acid amplification technology and availability of GeneXpert MTB/RIF from Cepheid in area of nucleic acid-based tuberculosis testing are expected to boost the demand for TB testing technologies in the near future.
Culture-based Tests Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on test type, the global Tuberculosis Testing Market has been divided into Chest X-ray, Culture-based Tests, Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA), Mantoux Test (TST), Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT), Xpert test, Serological Tests, Smear Microscopy and Other Tests (ADA, etc.)
- The Culture-based Tests segment dominated the global Tuberculosis Testing Market in 2018 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Increase in diagnosis rate of tuberculosis attribute to accelerate the growth of the segment. Culture test is considered a gold standard for TB diagnostic that utilizes sputum or other clinical specimens. Culture tests include collection of sputum or other specimens, followed by inoculation on a solid or liquid culture medium. This is followed by incubation and bacterial identification.
- Culture test is considered a gold standard for TB diagnostics and utilizes sputum or other clinical specimens. A culture test is often carried out to confirm the absence of MTB.
Hospital Laboratories to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of End-user, the global Tuberculosis Testing Market has been classified into Academics and Research, Hospitals Laboratories, Physician's Office Laboratories, Reference Laboratories, and Others (Home Health Agencies, etc.)
- The Hospitals Laboratories segment dominated the Tuberculosis Testing Market due to availability of cost effective (low cost) and growing awareness about tuberculosis and its diagnosis.
- . Expansion of the segment is driven by the rise in cases of hospitalization for the treatment of rare diseases, the ease of availability of products in hospital laboratories, and the growing alignment between hospitals and physicians.
- Availability of well-trained medical personnel for efficient and appropriate TB diagnosis, detection, and treatment in hospitals is a major factor fueling the expansion of the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global Tuberculosis Testing Market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global Tuberculosis Testing Market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for major share of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market in 2018. Major drivers of the market are rise in prevalence of drug resistant tuberculosis infection, improvement in bacteriological confirmation, upsurge in awareness enabling proper disease management, and increase in demand for improved and technologically-advanced tuberculosis testing. In addition, awareness and control programs on tuberculosis conducted by government is also propelling the tuberculosis testing market.
- The Tuberculosis Testing Market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. The market expansion of Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the increase in efforts of non-governmental organizations for creating awareness about tuberculosis. Furthermore, the market players are adopting unique marketing strategies focused on creating awareness among the patients, prior to the launch of their products. Additionally, the R&D grants, drug exclusivity, tax credits, and approval fee waivers offered by the FDA also aid the expansion of the tuberculosis testing market in Asia Pacific.
- The global Tuberculosis Testing Market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Alere, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, LIONEX Diagnostics & Therapeutics GmbH, Danaher Corporation, Danaher Corporation, Creative Diagnostics, QIAGEN, Hain Lifescience GmbH., Oxford Immunotec Ltd., Hologic, Inc., Cepheid, Akonni Biosystems, Inc., bioMerieux SA, Epistem Ltd., among others
By Test Type
- Chest X-ray
- Culture-based Tests
- Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA)
- Mantoux Test (TST)
- Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT), Xpert test
- Serological Tests
- Smear Microscopy
- Other Tests (ADA, etc.)
- Academics and Research
- Hospitals Laboratories
- Physician's Office Laboratories
- Reference Laboratories
- Others (Home Health Agencies, etc.)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Scope of Report
VRR’s report on the global Tuberculosis Testing Market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2020 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Tuberculosis Testing Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global tuberculosis testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global tuberculosis testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global tuberculosis testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global tuberculosis testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global tuberculosis testing market. Key players operating in the global Tuberculosis Testing Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Tuberculosis Testing Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Tuberculosis Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global tuberculosis testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global tuberculosis testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for global tuberculosis testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global tuberculosis testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by VRR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of VRR’s study on the Tuberculosis Testing Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Tuberculosis Testing Market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Tuberculosis Testing Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching VRR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market more reliably and accurately.